National Trends and Services
“Empowering People; Transforming Lives!”
The VISION of the National Trends and Services facet is to eliminate disparities by reducing barriers to services through advocacy, education, and service. Our MISSION is to empower our chapters to effectively empower the communities in which we work. Our GOALS include increasing the number of sustainable and measurable programs; increasing collaborative partnerships; and extending our existing initiatives to include communities identified as having the greatest need.
Currently, National Trends and Services encompasses the following programs and committees with national partners and sponsors, each committed to the overall vision and mission of the facet. These programs serve as a catalyst for change promoting individual and community empowerment.
Trash Talking: It’s No Joke!
To bring awareness to the growing crisis of bullying, we are excited to introduce a comprehensive community anti-bullying program TRASH TALKING: IT’S NO JOKE! The goal of this newest National Trends and Services initiative is to empower youth with the tools and skills to address bullying in all forms. Research shows that bullying adversely affects children’s mental health, academic success and ability to relate to other children according to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. The goals for this program are:
- To enhance a child’s ability to avoid victimization
- To enhance a child’s self-esteem
- To reduce the feelings of guilt and blame associated with victimization
- To promote disclosure of abuse and victimization
- To enhance and coordinate community response
- To enhance communication between parents and children about personal safety
- To reinforce adult supervision and protection
- To deter offender behavior